How we grow up
To provide continuous reliable, cost effective and professional solutions to the smelting industry.
We are dedicated to continuously improving our solutions and product offerings to meet the unique requirements of our customers in the smelting industry. We undertake constant review of best practices in order to ensure our equipment, support and training are of the highest quality levels, and in line with international safety and regulatory requirements
Mpuma Plant Hire is constantly looking for Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment suppliers and is committed through our procurement program to support these institutions.
Mpuma Plant Hire was established in 1998 as Mpuma Packaging, delivering a labour hire solution to Silicon smelters (Rand Carbide) focusing mainly on packaging of the smelters final products.
Eventually the scope of work increased to the following fields:
- Screening of material – Charcoal
- Stockpile receiving, stockpiling and feeding all raw materials with front end loaders, trucks & forklifts.
- Removal and transporting of final products to various crushing and screening plants with front end loaders and trucks.
- Loading bulk transport trucks with front end loaders.
- Loading final products screened and mixed in bags onto long haul trucks with forklifts.
- Crushing and screening specialised products with front end loaders, truck and forklifts.
- Environmental services – providing water trucks and tractor sweeper combinations.
- Metal reclaiming – crushing and screening with front end loaders and trucks.
- General civil work.
- Servicing the smelting industry since 1997
- Started with sorting and screening of materials
- Growth was due to consistent effective provision of quality workmanship, production and value addition for our clients
- Qualified staff
- Fully Serviced equipment and machinery with in house workshop
- Mobile unit
Our company boasts internal and external experience spanning more than 40 years and a workforce with and average in excess of 5 years.
We are regulated by the MEIBC and provide employees with a provident fund, disability fund and death benefits ensuring healthy employee employer relationships.
We offer qualified and competent operators with all our machines which meets and exceeds the requirements of the industry with regards to Health and Safety legislation
Annually, Mpuma Plant Hire makes available a contribution to a charity or community project short listed from a list of applicants.
Mpuma also gives the immediate community preference when applying for vacancies.
As one of our primary goals we are determined to satisfy our customer’s needs in the most cost effective and efficient manner possible. Our experienced staff members are able to assess and advise our customers on the most economical and time efficient manner in which to complete the necessary work.
Our customers get more than “hired equipment” – sound solution based advice based on our vast experience is included with all our contracts.